Delta Kappa Gamma Purposes
1. To UNITE women educators of the world in a genuine spiritual fellowship.
2. To HONOR women who have given or who evidence a potential for distinctive service in any field of education.
3. To ADVANCE the professional interest and position of women in education.
4. To INITIATE, endorse, and support desirable legislation or other suitable endeavor in the interests of education and of women educators.
5. To ENDOW scholarships to aid outstanding women educators in pursuing graduate study and to grant fellowships to women educators from other countries.
6. To STIMULATE the personal and professional growth of members and to encourage their participation in appropriate programs of action.
7. To INFORM the members of current economic, social, political, and educational issues so
that they may participate effectively in a world society.
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education.
Leading Women Educators
Impacting Education Worldwide
The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International is an honor society of over 150,000 key women educators in fourteen countries.
Delta Kappa Gamma International website
The California Zeta Zeta chapter is in the San Francisco Bay Area and the members are from Alameda and Contra Costa County. California State DKG website